Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, every second or third day the display on my dash flashes up a sign the same as the hand brake light and the handbrake light flashes.. does this mean that i need new brake pads and if so will it have to go to audi to replace the pads due to the sensor of could i go to an ordinary garage ie quickfit or the like to get it done, thanks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
yea that could mean u need u pads, u should check the, and u dont have to go to an AUDI DEALER, they will over charge u anyways

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts

If you want the Audi pads you can buy them from your dealer... there pretty cheap.. or you can just get some after market ones which come with the sensor... ie unipart, ECC etc...

There are 2 types of pads for the A4, one with a Bosch braking system ansd the other is lucas i think....

i just bought them both and returned the ones i didnt need to save any hassle once the wheels etc was off..

if you think you can do it your self its pretty easy if you have the right tools or a local garage will be able to do it for a cheap price. 1 hour job max!

Cheers

Rickt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts