Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a persistent brake squeel coming from one wheel which I cannot pinpoint and its driving me nuts. Last week I stripped and refitted the front pads which I replaced 6 months ago - discs are fine etc. This weekend I replaced the rear pads which were wearing thin, and yet I'm still getting the squeel. I'm thinking maybe there's a metal bit accidently cast into the asbestos of one of the pads. Any thoughts welcome.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
im guessing u might have some moisture or something in between

·
Registered
65 Posts
did you use any sort of break cleaner when you replaced your pads? If not you could have gotten a ton of crap all over the pads just rubbin away at the rotors..... I would just remove the wheels and goto town on cleaning them out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock Audi pads with new caliper bolts. I always use half a can of brake cleaner per wheel, definitely no dirt. However the back discs have low outer lips from wear, but I've always had this on other cars. Maybe I'll just get them skimmed. Thanks

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
could be caused by break dust... buy some break dust cleaner i had same problem and worked for me :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts