Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am having problems with my A3's brake lights. When i push down on the peddle the lights dont always come on, in fact id say 6/10 times they dont come on. I have checked all the connections that i can see and they are all in securely so im lost on what is the problem is.

I have only just been able to drive my car again after having 4 weeks off due to 2 broken fingers. The car has just sat on my drive all this time and as far as im aware the lights worked before but i cant say for certain as i dont tend to check them that often.

The car is a 1.6 '97 (UK -P Reg) A3 sport.

Any help you be apprieated.

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, its spot on.

I will book it in to get somebody to check the switches asap, as i dont want somebody going into the back of me. Going to work tomorrow morning is going to be fun!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YAY, put it into Audi today and they adjusted the brake light switch and it all works now and only cost me £50 (got the car cleaned as well inside and out which needed doing)

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
£50 is not too bad.. also you will get the Audi warrenty on that part also...

if you ask me a £50 is not bad for a repair and a clean!! (i hate cleaning!!)

good shout out there T-SPORT!

Rickt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HeySteve said:
YAY, put it into Audi today and they adjusted the brake light switch and it all works now and only cost me £50 (got the car cleaned as well inside and out which needed doing)
Well guess what...

2 weeks ago the brakes lights stopped working again. Was only when a mate followed me home did i know so not sure how long they had been out for.

Well rang up my local audi dealer and they booked it in for another look - got to drive a A4 2.2 TDI for a day which was nice - they rang me up about an 1hr later saying that they have replaced the whole brake light switch as because they didnt fix it before this will be free of charge. Was well happy with that!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i'm new to the site just brought a A3 sport been driving it for a day an a half and the same has happened to me absolutly gutted. so glad i found this site now as i was at a loss to what it was. also does your abs light come on the dash as mine keeps coming on when i have no brake lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts