Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after fighting mazda with the lemon law, im about to settle the case and return my rx8 :( Sad day - but im walking away with a good deal so Im pretty set on the 2005 a4, special edition with premium sound. I got a nice price, and Ill get the manual and deal with the slower car - the trade off will be its a bit nicer with leather/heated power seats/xm/and whatever else I dont have now.

I have a few plans for it, but I dont want to go nuts - just gonna install my amp/sub and possibly consider the APR stage one upgrade. Ill have to post in some other forums for some feedback on that, the claims are high but if its close to what they say itll be a real nice increase. also looking for some wiring diagrams for the stereo so I can add my amp/sub......ill post in the stereo forum unless anyone here reads this and has any ideas!

Nice forum - some nice cars.....ill keep you posted but im thinking ill put down a deposit tomorrow cause there is just one manual left......

Thanks for any help.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good luck with your new A4 special edition purchase. I just picked up mine at the very end of '04 and love it! It seems that the Special Edition - - vs. the price of getting a car by adding the options one by one - - is an excellent value. . . . .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya - for the price of the option you cant beat it. Roof, leather, wheels, rear lip, power seats and whatever else it comes with its alot cheaper then getting the options 1 by 1. I guess with the new model comin out they are just slapin' together some nice packages and blowing out leases. the residule on a 05 2 year lease is .69 lol, thats insane. Whatever it is it is, I just called my dealer to put a deposit down on the only 6sp they had.....silver with gray leather.....Gonna miss my rx8.....oh well. Is this quiet on the eway at 70mph? The lil motor seemed sorta loud but i was listening to it closely so maybe thats why...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Noise: yes, the 4-cylinder will be a little noisier than a 6 or an 8. I actually like it - - seems to have a bit more rumble at low RPMs.

By the way, I asked the dealer about the spoiler, "Does it do anything?" My salesman looked at me, winked, and deadpanned, "Not in *this* country!". :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh, and wicked quiet on the highway at 70mph (interestingly, the engine appears to be more quiet at 3000 RPMs than at 2000; cabin noise is minimal).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well - just put 500 down - I guess if all goes well the one I want is mine. I guess the special edition with manual is hard to come by and ALSO WITH PREMIUM its like next to impossible to find so - im taking hte silver/gray leather vs black becuase there just isnt a maunal with premium sound. In the showroon the silver did look nice though...

Exciting - itll be intereting getting use to less noise but also less power.....BUT TRACTION in snowwwww :) finally!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the silver and love it. Live in Maine, so the car hides dirt (translation, mud, dirt, salt, etc.) really well.

The Quattro All-Wheel Drive is just terrific in the snow - - best all-wheel / 4WD system I've had, hands down. . . . .

Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
going to get it at lunch - ya :)

scott, your the only one reading my posts lol, ive posted a few in the audio section - no bites lol...

EDIT: JK i see some good replies :)

ill let ya know how i like my 1st drive :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts