Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and new to Audi ownership. Just bought a 97 A4 2.8SE and absolutely love it! Without a doubt the best car I have owned and I have spent some serious money on cars in the past.

The question I have is regarding the stereo. It didn't come with one fitted! Just the Audi cables hanging out the dash! Does anyone know how I can tell what stereo would have originally been fitted? I'm still unsure whether to put the original headunit in, be it bose or otherwise, or whether to put in a new system - in which case I will have to buy the correct adaptors. Decisions, decisions!

Also, on the same note, what are the different stereo's called? The Bose is a Concert right? And the non Bose?

Thanks for any help on this one!

Matt

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
it should say bose everywhere on the speaker covers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even if it is supposed to be a bose, this a great opportunity to start over.
The bose systems pretty much suck. first of all they operate on 1 or 2 ohms and have little mid range.
My A4 has the bose and the rear speakers keep having a rattle problem (loose dust cover on the voice coil) and the only fix is to yard out the whole system or spend 175$ at the dealer for a (1) new speaker.
Yank it and get boston pros all the way around. youll be glad you did
IMO of course. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
It would have been a Delta or a Concert 1, neither of which is a standard single DIN unit. So, if you want to go aftermarket, you need to get a trim kit so that a std single DIN unit will fit in the space you have. These are available from various audio stores or online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts