Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new here.

Anyway my driver's side front speaker has blown (with Bose system). I am wondering if I can replace the blown speaker with this (since the Kappa 42.7i runs on 2ohms):
http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/pr...Ser=KAP&Cat=MEL

I dont have to replace the tweeter too right? Also, how will the sound quality be since the stock system wont be pushing that much power to this speaker, and this speaker can handle 50W RMS.

I dont plan on upgrading or anything. I just want an affordable solution than to pay the dealer 200 bucks for 1 stock speaker. Thanks in advance!!! :)

Also, I dont need any special tools to install them right? Just take off the panel with screw driver and plug the new speaker in i assume.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, i dont know if you can just swap the speakers, but i know that the speaker will be fine with the wattage the bose amp would put out...Most speakers are really underpowered, its all good. And you should also be able to keep the tweeter hooked up, however you would be better going off if you just purchased a componant infinity speaker and replaced the whole deal...(if they can be swaped) hope this possibly helps?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts