Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
acording to blackberry, the 7290 has "Bluetooth® support for hands-free voice communications"

don't see why it wouldnt work with a bluetooth car kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried to connect my BlackBerry 7290 using Bluetooth in my 2005 A6 but to no avail. The telephone screen freezes, although when a call is received on the Blackberry, you can hear it on the car speaker.

Is there any software patch or other instructions to make this usable?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by mrdave@Jan 27 2005, 11:58 PM
I tried to connect my BlackBerry 7290 using Bluetooth in my 2005 A6 but to no avail. The telephone screen freezes, although when a call is received on the Blackberry, you can hear it on the car speaker.

Is there any software patch or other instructions to make this usable?
I'm having the same problem, although I haven't expereinced receiving a call and hearing it on the speaker....are you saying that hands-free works (ie, can talk & listen)? but that you have to answer it via the blackberry???

Please tell me exactly what you did to interface (ie, all the options selected on the blackberry to get this far). When I tried it, the blackberry sound was dead (because it thoguht it was linked into a bluetooth headset) and I heard nothing & radio stayed on. This was for a call I placed, not received.

Regards software patch: I found some postings on another site that said the problem went away when version 4.0 was downloaded onto the blackberry, but this was for a different blackberry model, and version 4.0 is not released for the 7290 (or that's what our corporate support people say). They are still researching the problem...will post something if get a solution.

I do have a motorla 551 phone that the audi interface works perfectly on...even downloads the adress book, recent calls, etc. It is so convenient when it works, but my business phone is the blackberry.

Please let me know if you come up when you come up with a solution

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just purchased the 05 A6 and the car is great, but I to have a problem using the Blackberry 7390. The device connects but the screen freezes in the "please wait" mode. When calls come in I can hear them in the sound system but that is it. As a result I have to disconnect the Audi connection each time so that I can use my bb headseat. Any solutions anyone has heard of yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually, I was mistaken. My BlackBerry 7290 is completely useless in the 2005 A6. I cannot get an incoming call to come over the car's speaker system. I await some solution from Audi or RIM but no one seems to care.

·
Registered
13 Posts
All Bluetooth devices are not created equally! Audi published a compatibility matrix which my dealer provided me, see my post under the A6 forum > C6 > "bluetooth problems" for a copy. Blackberry is not on the list.

I have limited functionality with my Motorola V710 on my '05 A6 - I can make and receive calls but cannot share things like signal strength and phone book.

Hopefully they have updates slated for the MMI package that will be available to us at some point, but who knows.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
same problem with the Sony Ericsson p910i...

Here is the compatibility list released June 2005 from Audi. Even thoug it says the p910i is compatible (with some limitations) it does not work.... the connection breaks before you can make the call.

http://www.audi.com/reports/bluetooth_uebersicht.pdf

Hope as well that Audi releases a patch for MMI SOON!!!!!!!
It is not possible to have so much incompatibilities among phone technologies...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I first had the same problem that all of you are having, but I fiddled around with the settings and now it works perfectly. I now no problem using my Blackberry 7290 with my new 06 A4 Bluetooth - even though it's not on the list of compatible devices. Make sure you're OS is 4.0 or greater on your BB, and that your settings are configured as follows:

Device Properties:
Trusted: Yes
Encryption: Enabled
Services: Hands-Free Unit

Options:
Discoverable: Yes

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not many new bluetooth phones compatible with 05 A6

Three years have gone by and Audi hasn't offered a bluetooth update so I can enjoy the bluetooth technology I paid for with the 2005 A6. Does anyone know when or if Audi is going to be providing an update? Can I purchase it from anyone else?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts