Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 A4 Avant with RNS-E sat nav which works great and I would like to add a Bluetooth phone kit, but have no idea where to start. I rang an installer who uses the Parrot kits but he said that he could not link to the RNS-E. Any part numbers etc required would be great. :liebe011:

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is a Motorola unit in the States, I think it's called the IHF 1000. I believe it can operate as a stand alone (comes with everything), or can integrate into existing system. The integrating part I think is tricky and a lot depends on the certified installer and your present system. It has four languages and can connect up to 4 or maybe 5 phones for passengers. Possible this may work or Motorola has a model for the European cellular network. It's kinda of cool. One doesn't have to get a newer vehicle to get this functionality. I just got a 03 Allroad that has the older analog OnStar system. If it had the new digital system I would be able to get an affordable plan where OnStar and Verizon wireless (cellular provider) have a handshake. Hence my limited research and response. Good Luck. I think it makes a difference. Nice to be able to answer, dial, talk without taking your eyes off of the road. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts