Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering wich ones i should do to my 2001 audi s4 i do like the blow off valve sound but i also want whats best for my car.....and solutions or opinions?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
The blow off valve is not suitable for our sytem as its designed for recurculating the air back into the airbox.

I have read that a blow off valve can put the cars ECU into limp mode because of this affecting it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i figured that i was looking at the the hyperboost hx diverter valves any word on how those are?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Brand New A3 2.0T and after 1500 miles i took it to Revo for Ecu remap. For a month or so it was great but then it felt sluggish for some reason, i took it to Revo man who said that the car had set itself to a lower boost setting. We tried to set it back to standard and reflash it again but the car set itself to a lower setting again....I called audi who couldn't see the revo and couldn't find any faults....Revo man said it might be a diverter valve??

Any ideas?....Don't like this standard 200bhp driving much...please help!!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
The standard Bosch DV is prone to failure and breaking as it uses a cardboard diaphram!!

You would be best to change it, i have a Forge Motorsport 007p Recirc valve on mine which has a spring loaded piston that can be changed for different boost depoending on remap and it works sweet :)

You can get one cheap from these guys Awesome GTI Store UK - Audi A3 8L1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts