Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Blaupunkt Concert in my A3 and it says SAFE on the screen I have the code but i do not know how to remove the SAFE text to enter the code.
Could someone please tell me what to do?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i dunno about A3 radio

but this is the A4 bose symphony
it might work

turn on radio
press (AS) and (RDS) simultaneously and hold down until 1000 lights up
and then use the station bottons to select the numbers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Repeating from the manual. The instruction can be found in the Concert Sound System Operating manual, Page 40. It’s for Concert II audio. Hope you got the same one.
Just one question: How do you know Concert Audio is manufactured by Blaupunkt?

Press “SCAN” and the RDS buttons (1 & 6) at the same time and hold until 1000 appears in the display

Then release both buttons. Do not press the SCAN or RDS buttons again ot keep holding them down, other wise the number 1000 will be registered as the first attempt, and you will only have one more attempt to repeat the procedure.

Enter the code number given on the radio card using the station selector buttons 2 to 5 - button 2 for the first digit, 3 for the second and the so on.

Press SCAN & RDS button at the same time again to confirm the code number. The word SAFE will appear in the display

Then release both buttons. A radio frequency will then appear automatically in the display after a short delay. The radio is now ready for use.

Incorrect code number

If an incorrect code number is entered by mistake when reactivating the radio, the word SAFE will start flashing and then appear continuously.

The entire procedure now can be repeated once again. If the wrong code is entered again, the radio will be disabled for an hour.

After this period (the radio must be left switched on) the number of attempts shown on the display will go off and the radio can be reactivated again as described earlier.

The same cycle of two attempts, followed by a one hour interval, can be repeated again if you find yourself really stupid. :p

Unfortunately you gotta contact Audi dealer if you don’t have the correct code or have lost it.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
:gitara:

Good bit of info there MacUsers !!

i know im :eek:fftopic:

I know when i fitted my phone kit to my radio on my A4 - (inside the radio on the case it said Blaupunkt) The reason i had to go into the case was i stupidly removed it with a CD in and the cd jammed inside... -

Blaupunkt make a lot of the radios for the top end range of Vauxhalls / Ford / Merc & VW but dont badge them up Blaupunkt,

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the first time I didn`t had a correct code an dthe radio was disabled But now I`m trying to hold the SCAN and RDS buttons togather, but the SAFE is appearing all the time. So I need to switch ON the radio for an hour and then try to press SCAN and RDS buttons? The engine must olso run for an hour befor I press the buttons?

Can somebody help me with advice?

Thank`s in advance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts