Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I have an 05 A3 and its suffered some curbing on the front left wheel because someone pulled out on me. The damage was quite bad to the rim and minor to the actual tire. So I thought to be on the safe side get the front swapped with the back.

I had this done today and it nearly fell off when I drove down the road, the guy took it off and put it back on again and it seemed to be ok then. He lost one of the covers on the bolts.

My question now is; was I wrong to do this and do I need to do anything else?

The wheels are R18s provided by Audi when I got the car. I am just a tad worried now so any advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
is the damage cosmetic or is the rim bent??

when you say fell off??? did he not fasten it on correctly??

if its cosmetic it will be fine... if it bent one option is....... is your spare wheel the same???

if so put that on and purchase just a sheel wheel for the spare... or if the cash is there to be spent buy a new alloy from audi.. $$$$

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RickT said:
is the damage cosmetic or is the rim bent??

when you say fell off??? did he not fasten it on correctly??

if its cosmetic it will be fine... if it bent one option is....... is your spare wheel the same???

if so put that on and purchase just a sheel wheel for the spare... or if the cash is there to be spent buy a new alloy from audi.. $$$$

Cheers

Rickt
Cosmetic and some minor rubber missing just above the rim.

Yeah he left a bolt loose or something as it kept making a banging noise, the second time round it was ok but one of the caps is missing on the bolt for the back wheel.

The guy at the shop claims it to be buckled but was it ****! The damage wasnt that bad he just did a half assed job.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
The garage guy should at least pay for a replacement alloy and tyre for you as he was incompetant in tightening up the bolts and you shouldnt have to shell out your money to put it right !

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
just going back to the point...does it drive fine now... ??

in regards to your 1st question... its fine to swap them... just make sure the rotation on the tyre is point the right way!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts