Audi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm a newbie with a big problem. My girlfriend was driving around in my 97 A4 2.8 and the thermostat housing cracked at one of the nipples where the one of the hoses attaches. Naturally all the antifreeze poured out. I finished replacing it, put the timing belt back on, the serpentine belt back on and mounted the rest of the front end on. I filled it with new antifreeze and water and then decided to start it. I turned the key and it would turnover but it wouldn't start. On my gauge cluster, the center oil light flashes and the coolant light flashes when i turn the key. After a minute of cranking it, the oil light stops flashing but the coolant light keeps flashing followed with a beeping. Any idea what could be wrong? Did I mess up somehow along the way? I'm sure I hooked everything up right. PLEASE HELP!
Oh and another thing that may be the cause, Its almost time for a new battery and had it hooked up to my other car with jumper cables just to make sure it was getting enough power. After letting it charge for a while and I tried starting it a couple times, the car would severly drain the battery with each attempt to start it. Does this mean I might need a new alternator? Thanks for the help everyone. Let me know ASAP.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts