Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a Q7 on test for the weekend. Loved the car but couldn't get over how small the boot is for such a big vehicle! OK it has a fairish floor area but it's so shallow, especially with the load cover in place. Is this the price that has to be paid for the 7 seats?
I currently drive a Touareg V10 and would like a bit more space but I'm not sure I could live with the boot on the Q7. I also have 2 labradors and when they stand in the boot their heads almost touch the roof lining.
It's not just the Q7 either, I also test drove the Merc GL420 and that was the same, although the roof line was higher.
Anyone else noticed this? Over to you guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
davidcolman said:
Just had a Q7 on test for the weekend. Loved the car but couldn't get over how small the boot is for such a big vehicle! OK it has a fairish floor area but it's so shallow, especially with the load cover in place. Is this the price that has to be paid for the 7 seats?
I currently drive a Touareg V10 and would like a bit more space but I'm not sure I could live with the boot on the Q7. I also have 2 labradors and when they stand in the boot their heads almost touch the roof lining.
It's not just the Q7 either, I also test drove the Merc GL420 and that was the same, although the roof line was higher.
Anyone else noticed this? Over to you guys.
That's the NEw styling for all SUV's they try to give it a coupe styling..It just a market thing and it's not going away.. Let's face it.. Most luxury SUV drivers are buying the SuV's that look and feel like cars.. The rest will just have to settle for Escalades, and Expeditions, or just a fancy pick up if he wants lots and lots of Square cargo space...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I see the point you're making. Maybe that's true in the USA (and I think that is the market Audi were aiming at) but in the UK and Europe generally I think we want the best of both worlds. My Touareg falls into the SUV 'car-like' category, and although a smaller vehicle than the Q7, I swear that with careful loading I can get more in the boot than the Q7 - I can certainly get more under the luggage cover! I really want to change the Treg after 80k mls in 3 years, but the next car has to do it all and more. I really think that Audi have missed a trick, at least for the European market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Q7's space in the boot with the 3rd row of seats up is much better than the Land Crusier, the Lexus SUVs, Cayenne,the Touareg, and the Mini sized X5:p. It is the primary reason why my wife wanted the Q7. a hot SAV with room to take people and stuff.

That being said; It is a car that has exceeded my expections:D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts