Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I want to fit an A3 2001 with xenon/bixenon headlights but I don't know what kind of bulbs to get. Also the original headlights were halogen so I don't know if it will support the xenon headlights? Does anyone have any suggestions/comments? Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well, without knowing what country you live in, it'll be a little difficult for anyone to help you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for replying something, I am from Mexico, I believe the A3's delivered here where the same as in most of europe. I already checked with the dealer and he didn't tell me whihc bulbs I needed but instead gave me the price for his bulbs which was $3,200 for only the low beams. If you know anything about it I would really appreaciate it thank you

·
Registered
224 Posts
OK, the reason I was hesitant, is that retro-fit, or aftermarket HID kits are highly illegal here in the UK. Other countries have different legal standards.

There are many different types of aftermarket kits available, some are quite good, and some are utterley appauling.

As I personally never touch these, I can't make any recomendation.

Have you tried over on VWVortex?

Rgds

Oh, BTW, if you update your profile http://www.audi-forums.com/usercp.php , we won't have to ask you what car you drive, and what country you live in! ;) :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts