Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 GTI. It's stock and I need to change out the plugs. What are the best bang for the buck sparkplugs?

I need to start adding some aftermarket stuff (exhaust and intake) but that will be another post.

Thanks.

Bill C

·
Registered
256 Posts
Iridum plugs are great but expensive. I just switched my OE Bosch to some Splitfire platinums (~$5.00 ea.) and can notice the difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much are the Iridum Plugs? I want to do a few mods to the car and plugs airfilter and exhust are my areas to start. Might as well get the best plugs. They should last a while.

Thanks for the reply! Not too much action here on this forum.

Thanks

Bill C

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just installed the Bosch 4 prong (platinum if I remember correctly) in my 1999 A6 2.8. They made a HUGE difference. The car runs extremely smooth after the change. Mine were $5-7 each and I got a $10 rebate from Bosch. So they were a very cheap tune up for the car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Denso iridiums run ~ $13.00 ea. They have a lifetime warranty. As for air filters.... I put a K&N pannel filtercharger in my stock 4.2 air box. performance increase was not much, but the engin sure sounds cooler now :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts