Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all -
i've got a 2001 a4 1.8t, and i am looking to replace my battery. problem is, it's not obvious to me how to remove and replace the plastic panel and weather stripping so that i can get to it to remove it and install the new one. any advice? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
there should b like 4 screws or somethin that hold the panel i think thats how it is dont really remember but its usually the same on all cars

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. had to remove the weather stripping, remove the plastic panel in b/w the firewalls, then remove the left hand half of the other plastic panel that runs along the windshield. after that, it was simple.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HEY~!!! I LOVE YOU MAN~!! MY BATTERY IS DEAD

and I called the dealer..... According to the S$%#head Dealer, "YOU MUST USE AUDI BATTERY INSTALLED BY THE AUDI DEALER, BECAUSE THE BATTERY IS VERY SPECIALLY MADE AND CANNOT GET IT FROM ANY WHERE ELSE"

So he said I must pay 250 dollars for the battery and installing. He also told me it takes an hour to replace a new battery.

WOW DONT WE JUST HATE THEM??

well thanks for your tip. I knew there is a way to take out and I knew any similar size battery would fit nicely. RIGHT?

If you have a time, can you tell me what brand and size of the batter you used for replacement?

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN~! YOU SAVED MY MONEY~!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm having similar trouble here. Only thing I've noticed is the plastic panel that's held in place by the four screws seems to have the windscreen wipers going through it. Presumably you have to remove these. If this is the case , how is it done ? Why do they make it so difficult ?? Does anyone know of a step by step picture guide of how to replace the battery ?

Cheers

Pete (UK)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have a picture guide but will give you a step by step process.
1. Remove firewall weather stripping, only one piece, then take out the plastic cover that covers the battery and ECU.
2. If you need to take out the other plastic covers stick a small flathead screwdriver under the caps of where the wiper pivots, I forget the exact size but all you need is to take out the bolt that holds on the wiper.You should do this for both of them to avoid any plastic breaking.
3. remove the wiperblades, by popping them up then sliding them of their pivot point.
4.remove the plastic covers.
5. Now you should be able to get to that battery clean and clear, just loosen some of the battery bolts that hold it in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi ..just tried to do this . I have a ^ and was to9ld ypou have to remove wiper arms as you described. Except.. I have removed nuts holding wipr arms but cant seem to get them of the shaft. They are just too tight . Just thought of something.. I will lift up the bade into the up position see if that makes a difference. Anybody got any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts