Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new here recently purchased an Audi 80 2ltr it has now developed a problem in as much as the battery appears to be being drained whilst the car is parked up, I have a booster starter and once running all is fine, no loss of brightness to lights or anything, can park up for a couple of hours one day and it will start fine then the next it won't, took it to an auto electrician who tested the battery/alternator when the car was running and all appeared ok good charge rate to the battery etc, I am at my wits end anyone out there had and cured this problem :w00t:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you have an ammeter to hand? I have had similar problems on other cars and the diagnostic method that I used requires an ammeter in series with the postive connection to the battery. Normally there should only be a few mA flowing with everything off. If there is a significant current flowing pull each fuse in turn until you find the one that cuts the current (most of it anyway). Then you know which system you are dealing with.

Previous culprits have been: radio left on, boot light on permanently, faulty alarm, interior light left on etc.

Good luck

Keith853

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
problem solved,, tok the car to an auto electrician, apparently the battery that was fitted just wasn't up to the job, so I bought a new heavy duty battery and hey presto starts every time
:amen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts