Audi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Hey, this is a bit of a modern day problem. The code was previously printed/sticker on the battery however when I went to source a batter, I found the code was not present (Bosch battery) but had been replaced with a bar code/QR Code

I didn’t get the chance to try a bar code/QR reader because it was a £200 battery and I had not purchased it.

Workaround
I have read of people taking the old battery code and incrementing the serial by one. I believe as long as the battery capacity & amp’s matches precisely the expected battery then you can trick the Battery Management into accepting the battery.

My comment does not help you solve it, but hopefully somebody else contribute.

· Registered
1 Posts
Ah I'm not sure it's on the older batteries. Though I'm really not sure because I'm not really a car-guy. Sometimes I feel like I know nothing about my car and that I'm so easy to be scammed. I think it's because it happened once with the battery on my car. I went to have it replaced at a repair shop and they said they were going to order the best one. yeah, it gave up two weeks later, and when I went to complain they said it was my fault etc. I ended up just looking on Recommended Batteries For Cars. what battery I needed and got it myself from the dealership, still haven't had any problems with it.

· Registered
1 Posts
I've heard that some newer batteries no longer have the code printed on them and instead use a bar code or QR code. Have you tried using a bar code/QR reader to see if you can retrieve the code that way? Alternatively, I've read that some people have successfully used the old battery code and incremented the serial by one to trick the Battery Management system into accepting the new battery. As for finding the right battery, I totally get it. It can be a bit overwhelming with so many options out there. If you're ever in doubt, it's always best to go with the manufacturer's recommended battery. Oh, and if you ever need to decode any other barcodes, you might want to check out Smart Engines OCR SDK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts