Hey, this is a bit of a modern day problem. The code was previously printed/sticker on the battery however when I went to source a batter, I found the code was not present (Bosch battery) but had been replaced with a bar code/QR Code
I didn’t get the chance to try a bar code/QR reader because it was a £200 battery and I had not purchased it.
I have read of people taking the old battery code and incrementing the serial by one. I believe as long as the battery capacity & amp’s matches precisely the expected battery then you can trick the Battery Management into accepting the battery.
My comment does not help you solve it, but hopefully somebody else contribute.