Audi Forums banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im in desperate need of this guide after suffering my second headlight failure in the space of a week (other side this time), I have Adobe Reader 9.4 installed but it reports an error with the file when trying to open. Can anyone possibly email me a copy asap please? [email protected]

thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post. Just want to say thank you for this guide. Just assisted a relative swap the bulbs in their B6 V6 TDi for uprated Rings from a local motor factor, seems the relative had seen an advert in Top Gear and they wanted the bulbs fitted today for their return journey rather than wait for any online order to arrive. Refitting the intake tubing was easier when split in the middle halfway to the airbox. While that pipe was off we gave the fine mesh screen between the tube and airbox a quick clean too.

Your guide was a big help. Best wishes for 2011!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks muchly, Rick. I'd replaced one of the rear bulbs so long ago that I couldn't remember how to get the light loose. It's always easier to read up on something before resorting to brute force, and less expensive too.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow! That was an easy fix on my 2004 Avant. Even though only one bulb went on me, I replaced them both so the brightness would be consistent. I decided on pair of Hella H7s from Amazon at $7.37 each, and also bought a $9.99 Craftsman 5-Pc Torx screwdriver set which included the T30 size needed for this job. The pdf instructions mentioned that the plastic power steering cover would need to be removed...I didn't have to do that on my car. I was able to reach everything get the job without extensions or anything additional. The Torx handle was really tight on the passenger's side, but I was able to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks very much for this. Was at a complete loss until I found your post.

Just one querry. I replaced the drivers side Dipped Bulb (with the air intake over the top). I believe I have put it back peroperly, however, my engine management light has come on. Would improper replacement of the air intake cause this. (The EM Light may not be related as this has come on before). Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, awesome time saver to ID the hidden back screws. Hardest part for me was realigning the front air duct holes to the front screw ...just may take a few times to line it up right. + the middle air duct connection is really cheap.
many thanks...awesome that you took the time to help everyone else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have replaced 4 bulbs front/rear using your guides. Easy when you know how!
Many thanks for the money saved.:)
Don't know if it's been mentioned before but the rear light assembly retaining screw on my 2004 A4 has an 8mm hex head as well as the Phillips screw head. Easier than using a screwdriver.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts