Audi Forums banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanx again

had to say thanks again for an excellent guide...
helped me today while i changed all the yellow indicator (turning signal) bulbs with clear ones... IMHO looks much much better .... ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you

Your guide is very useful indeed.

It helped me today a lot.

Thanks again RickT, and all the people from this forum!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Right.... as so many of you have been asking "how do i change the headlight bulbs and rear tails lights... i thought i would throw a quick guide together..

Also... the guide for the tail lights is for the avant... however from that im sure you will figure out how to do the saloon... (just open the lugs covered in carpet instead of the plastic opens..

Open and save/print the PDF to help you!

Enjoy!

Cheers

Rickt

IF YOU DONT HAVE ADOBE READER YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FROM HERE
Adobe - Reader download thank you
Amazing tutorial, in a few minutes I could change my Bulbs!!! Kind Regards, Jean

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many thanks for the guide. I have only the one back hex screw on my unit but the pictures certainly guided me where to look. By the time I had tried to do it myself, then come into the computer and look up on the net, it had taken me nearly one hour. Reading this post it took me 10 minutes. When I eventually got there, the bulb the motor factors had given me was not correct so I have had to put it all together with a repeat performance tomorrow. I bet I will be acheiving the swop in record time soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rick T and others - Thanks for this guide, very clear and very straight-forward to follow.

And so easy in fact that I did it twice (I'd removed the headlight, changed the bulb, put the headlight back and then noticed I'd left the cover off the back off the headlight. So I removed the headlight.....)

Seriously took it took me 15 mins to perform it twice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just replaced my headlights today with the help of this guide. Thought it would be a pain in the arse but it was actually really simple.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOrks for 2004 Audi A4 1.8T !!

I just replaced the front right dipped headligh of my audi a4. I had to take off the air intake manifold (two phillips head screws at the front of the car just above the radiator) in order to get clear access to the two T-30 torx screws at the back of the headlight. The two at the front were easy to get off as explained above. Once you have the four torx screws off you can pull the headlight out without unplugging anything, and you can access the dipped headlight from the back. Thanks for the tutorial!

Sam

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just A Bit More Help

I JUST CHANGED THE LEFT REAR ON MY S4 CAB. TO DO THIS. THERE IS A CIRCLUAR PIECE OF PLASTIC, JUST TURN IT TO DISENGAGE IT AND REMOVE IT. ONCE REMOVED THERE IS A PHILLIPS HEAD SCREW THAT YOU WILL LOOSEN. THE SCREW IS LONG, SO IT WILL NOT BE OUT IN TWO SECONDS. ONCE REMOVED, TAKE THE RUBBER STRIP AND CAREFULLY PULL IT BACK. WITH GENTLE PRESSURE (TO THE LEFT) IT WILL COME OUT. ONCE DONE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TURN THE BULB SOCKET 1/2 TURN AND THEN REPLACE AS NECESSARY. THIS IS FOR A 2005 S4 CAB, OTHERS MAY BE DIFFERENT

Right.... as so many of you have been asking "how do i change the headlight bulbs and rear tails lights... i thought i would throw a quick guide together..

Also... the guide for the tail lights is for the avant... however from that im sure you will figure out how to do the saloon... (just open the lugs covered in carpet instead of the plastic opens..

Open and save/print the PDF to help you!

Enjoy!

Cheers

Rickt

IF YOU DONT HAVE ADOBE READER YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FROM HERE
Adobe - Reader download thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
File does not open

I have also problems to open the file. Please if anyone have it, could you please repost it? Or even send it to me via e-mail

[email protected]

I have active account but still it does not open....:mad:

Many thanks!!

/Ismo

·
Registered
3 Posts
I waited a day after register and she opened up. To remove the intake tube are there any other fast snaps or is it just fitted plastic. I didn't want to break anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my 04 A4 for about 2 years, and with out help like this i probably would have sold it. I think Audi is the best car hands down. Thanks for the great help. Took me about 10 min to get the passengers light out.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts