Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 TT/225/Coupe which I am starting to autocross. This car is completely stock right now other than some sticky tires on my 18" Audi wheels.

I'm looking for a survey of reviews on what others who race their cars have found works for performance. If you understand the performance requirements (a.k.a. have done autocross or HPDS or FATT, etc.) put on the TT and have worked on yours, can you please post findings?

Thanks!
+ Craig

·
Registered
21 Posts
let me get this right.... your wanting to auto cross a 2003 audi tt?
in britain you have to run in the "Specials" catagory with a 5% time penalty. but thats not really my worry. every autocross event ive ever seen has never used a car newer than 10 years old, lol.
why wreck a new tt when a 92' evo 1 (without mot and tax) could be purchased for £2000 and will win everytime against anything. this will apply to many cars especially old rally favourites like the impreza which is worth even less!
The thing about auto cross is like many race events its catagorised. the tt is not a car worth running it comes in the wrong categorys (if its a quattro it runs in the specials, if its front wheel drive its in the 1650's and above with the same power as a smaller lighter can can achieve) the 4wd is not setup for driving in a field and the car is far too heavy and will need stripped- why do this to a new tt? why not do as the autocross intended and buy an old cheap motor with a bit of power and drive it well?

(I hope autocross is very different in the states??? let me know if it is)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts