Audi Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed now (unfortunately not at time of purchase) that Audi charges only 30 pounds at purchase to have an auto-opening bootlid... is it possible to have this retrofitted? Again my 'other' german car does this as standard, so i am used to it.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do not think it is the same as your "other" German car. It simply lifts the boot lid electrically about 30cm and is not sprung to open fully like my car (which is about to be changed for an A6). Very irritating! I forgot to order it too so will never know!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The auto 'boot' opening, does exactly that. From the key fob or the door switch the 'boot' lid opens fully. This is NOT an electronic opening, it is performed using a variable rate spring damper which performs equally well in cold or hot climates. Well worth £30 over 3 years.

If only it would close automatically, like the Avant!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Admiral said:
The auto 'boot' opening, does exactly that. From the key fob or the door switch the 'boot' lid opens fully. This is NOT an electronic opening, it is performed using a variable rate spring damper which performs equally well in cold or hot climates. Well worth £30 over 3 years.

If only it would close automatically, like the Avant!
Has anyone done this retro fit on the A6 C6 saloon yet?

·
Registered
59 Posts
ive got an auto opening boot, will take some pics of the mounts and dampers tommorow, so you can compare to see whats different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
when we ordered our A6 we added the boot opening option on, however it was missed on the build, we had the dealer fix this by the adding the spring so the answer is it can be upograded, took the dealer about 25mins to do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
since you have the door switch, it's to retrofit, but without.... my dealer told me not possible

·
Registered
34 Posts
ANTSP: when we ordered our A6 we added the boot opening option on, however it was missed on the build, we had the dealer fix this by the adding the spring so the answer is it can be upograded, took the dealer about 25mins to do.
Was this a saloon or AVANT?

Im wanting the auto open boot on the AVANT but I think its electrically done>?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm looking for saloon solution, I can accept not to have the button in the door, but to be able to use the key-fob would be great! Anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
34 Posts
my merc CLK had the auto boot from the keyfob and it wa just springs that pulled the boot open. very easy and simple.

The avant is electrical though, so thats a damn sight harder to do!:mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm looking for saloon solution, I can accept not to have the button in the door, but to be able to use the key-fob would be great! Anyone have any ideas??
My saloon has it. There's a gas strut each side of the lid that forces the lid open when you hit the button on the fob, or the button under the lip on the boot itself.

I would imagine that it's a very simple retro-fit, assuming you already have the button on the fob that pops the boot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts