Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just bought an A4 Avant 1.9 TDi (1996P)and want to change the stereo in it.

What do i need to take the old one out and replace it? Do i need any adaptors or anything?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
You need to get an adapter plate from your local car audio shop as the Audi unit is wider than aftermarket ones + if you have the subwoofer/multi speaker set up in your car???? you can connect certain head units to the same speaker outputs again by getting a lead that will suit !!!

I did this on my A3 with a pioneer head unit and its sounds the dogs b####### with the stock speaker set up !!!

Also beware you may loose some of the DIS display that tells you what radio/ cd selection you are on !!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what I want.

Well I've seen a HU that i 'think' seems reasonable, it's a JVC KD G277 with CDRW/DAB/FM and more importantly USB socket so i can plug my mp3 player in (acts as hard drive reader). I can get it new for £90ish.

There's seems to be a lot that needs doing on the car, well more than I initially thought anyway.

It doesn't have fog lamps on it and i want to replace the headlights with xenon ones, and possibly clear tail lights. The offside tail light needs replacing as it's cracked anyway, so I might as well get clear ones?

The wheels seem to be ok, i don't see any point in replacing them, well not yet anyway.

There's other small things that i'm probably just being picky with, considering the age of the car and that it's only a 1.9 TDi and the fact that i paid just over a grand for it, it's probably not worth doing anything with them, but i'll mention them anyway...

The handbrake is just so skinny, feels like i'm driving my sisters Polo, the gear knob and gator seem quite tatty and just other random stuff on the car.

Any suggestions would be great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts