Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new member, usually dont check forums alot, I am a Certified Audi technician at a dealership, master ase, etc..

Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Greg,

With your skills I expect you will soon receive a flood of emails regarding guidance on problems, so.................I thought I'd get in there first. (Sorry for being cheeky - hope you don't mind).
I have 93 Coupe 16v that is using fuel like there's no tomorrow (averaging 18mpg - steady driving). The car definitely isn't leaking fuel and it passed emissions test at MOT 2 weeks ago with flying colours. I was thinking Lambda fault but I presume (?) emissions would rule that out? Also, car seems to lack power pulling away or general driving below 3000 rpm. As, soon as you pass 3000 rpm car seems to go ok but then you are burning loads of fuel.
I have already changed HT cap, rotor arm & plugs and was looking to change air filter, coil, HT leads as next step then Lambda if that doesn't work.
Have you any suggestions or known faults?
Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Martyn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the welcomes. I prefer PM;s vs open posts, as I do not check the forums that often as far as threads go. Thanks, and I will try to answer all emails in a timely manner as I have many projects going on at the moment. Thanks again

Greg

ps- I am located in USA and only work on the US models, so I may not be familiar with the European Models that we do not get here in the US, such as engines and trans packages and certain electrical items. As you know the older Audi's like the 4000 and 5000 are scarce and in the past 7 years at the dealership, I have not seen but maybe 1 or 2 in the shop and the same goes with the V8 model and we rarely get the old 100 and 200's, and occassionally i will work on the older 80/90's. My main work flow consists of the 96+ A4, Allroads, 95+A6, TT's, A4 Cab's, S4 biturbos and 4.2,S8's, A8's, A3 (which just came out this past year where you guys in europe have already had it), we dont have any Audi diesels, yet, and the Q7 has not not come here yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lovely mechanical fuel injection :), pm me and I will get back with you early this week. in the email, give me all the details about the issue and and fault codes that are in the computer if you know them, this way it helps me deal directly with you in attempts to help. Thanks

greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts