Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am giving serious consideration to buying a used Audi S8. I have seen some very good reviews but i am concerned about service costs and the cost of replacement parts. I would appreciate it if somebody could give me some advice about the S8 in general. I have also been told that i should ignore the S8 and go for the A8 4.2 Quattro sport (there is only 30BNP difference). Your comments would be welcome.

Regards

Barry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Suggest you do more research. My experience with the 2004 Audi A8L has been dismal. The company ought to be ashamed of the quality of thier product. Totally unreliable and constatn electronics failures/defects.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Barry-

The other reply was obviously one experience with the A8/S8. I recommend you check www.audiworld.com. Like this, it is a great forum and you will get some good information.

I have not owned an A8/S8 but I have owned a number of VW & Audi products. They have never disappointed me. Having said that, I have read of electronic issues with Audis (but also with BMW and MB and Lexus!). Keep reading and asking, the answer will become clear!

Good hunting!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Barry, I used to have a 1998 A8 4.2 Quattro sport, but 12 months ago swapped it for a 2002 S8. All i can say is that they are 2 totally different cars, the S 8 is more responsive and handling is far superior, the fuel consumption is about the same depending on how you drive it and with mine being a later S8 it's on long life servicing which means it only wants servicing every 20,000 miles or when the computer tells you again this depends on your driving, I drive mine hard and with a permanent grin on my face. Buy the S8 you will not be disappointed. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have driven both, and they are comperable.. The S8 is BIG, but the A6 4.2 is nice in size too. I think they are both fantastic in size, however the space frame a8 is nice. I have seen some S8's for around 30K, and a6 4.2 for 25k.

Good luck, sorry I don't know the repair records.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts