Audi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am giving serious consideration to buying a used Audi S8. I have seen some very good reviews but i am concerned about service costs and the cost of replacement parts. I would appreciate it if somebody could give me some advice about the S8 in general. I have also been told that i should ignore the S8 and go for the A8 4.2 Quattro sport (there is only 30BNP difference). Your comments would be welcome.

Regards

Barry

· Registered
27 Posts
Barry-

The other reply was obviously one experience with the A8/S8. I recommend you check www.audiworld.com. Like this, it is a great forum and you will get some good information.

I have not owned an A8/S8 but I have owned a number of VW & Audi products. They have never disappointed me. Having said that, I have read of electronic issues with Audis (but also with BMW and MB and Lexus!). Keep reading and asking, the answer will become clear!

Good hunting!

· Registered
1 Posts
Barry, I used to have a 1998 A8 4.2 Quattro sport, but 12 months ago swapped it for a 2002 S8. All i can say is that they are 2 totally different cars, the S 8 is more responsive and handling is far superior, the fuel consumption is about the same depending on how you drive it and with mine being a later S8 it's on long life servicing which means it only wants servicing every 20,000 miles or when the computer tells you again this depends on your driving, I drive mine hard and with a permanent grin on my face. Buy the S8 you will not be disappointed. :)

· Registered
8 Posts
I have driven both, and they are comperable.. The S8 is BIG, but the A6 4.2 is nice in size too. I think they are both fantastic in size, however the space frame a8 is nice. I have seen some S8's for around 30K, and a6 4.2 for 25k.

Good luck, sorry I don't know the repair records.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.