Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it increasingly irritating that it is so dificult to do any upgrades or changes to the new A6. It seems that if you want to put in any factory equipment after purchase you cant or the dealers wont. I had a very difficult time getting my NAV installed (mine was installed 3 months after purchase and is all audi parts except for the labor), I cant but partronic sensors for my car even though I could not buy them as options individually ( only two packages --S-Line which I bought and the technology package which I didnt buy because of the bluetooth key doogle which since I do wireless security technologies as part of my job I dont feel safe with and also because i am an american living in europe and I was told that the US NAV and the Euro NAV were not compatible and that was untrue) and also not having ipod or radio add ons so I can listen to mp3s or watch movies on that screen. BTW-- Any USA people around the europeans have the option of a tv installed and they also get to look at a cool graphic instead of that DUMB warning when they start their cars . IT SUCKS!!!!! whew

I feel better now .. :) ;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
im sorry to hear this, did u ever try going to a different dealer for install if there is one close to u

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unfortunately live in southern Italy and have a US Spec Audi which in itself causes more problems then I care to share. The parts for my car almost always must be ordered for the reasons that the 4.2 engine is unheard of and also the fact that car burns gas and not diesel. Then the US cars have different options than the same Euro cars. The s-line version of the audi a6 in Italy has a tree spoke steering wheel not the wood segmented one I got. Also they euro cars have sport seats with the leather embroided but the seat is manual so you do have the memry presets. The Euro cars have differenent MMI menus and the have TV options. The funny thing is all I want is to play MP3s in the radio of my car. Its just frustrating. I love my car but what a stoopid thing to make the owners go through. I got someone to put in rear acoustic sensors but not the factory ones.

The dealerships here suck; no audi advantage no loaner cars -- just poor service. I love my audi tho :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts