Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They really do not explain how the Audi Nav works on the site so i was wondering if you guys can explain to me how you enter destinations into it. All input is welcomed
Later Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
you enter a destination (address, point of interest, etc) and it gives you turn by turn directions... like it will say "make a left at the next street - main street" or whatever. there is not map display. only arrows. for instance, if you need to turn on main street, it will display an arrow in the display in the direction that you need to turn.

edit: in all honesty, dont waste your money getting the OEM nav, its sub-par. invest in a good map, or, if completly necessary, get an aftermarket unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bhb399mm@Feb 23 2005, 01:01 AM
you enter a destination (address, point of interest, etc) and it gives you turn by turn directions... like it will say "make a left at the next street - main street" or whatever. there is not map display. only arrows. for instance, if you need to turn on main street, it will display an arrow in the display in the direction that you need to turn.

edit: in all honesty, dont waste your money getting the OEM nav, its sub-par. invest in a good map, or, if completly necessary, get an aftermarket unit.
are there many after market systems and where do they install the screen in the car. I like those new style flip out ones but i am not sure if they can intall in it this car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Originally posted by Bendafisherman@Feb 23 2005, 01:31 PM
are there many after market systems and where do they install the screen in the car. I like those new style flip out ones but i am not sure if they can intall in it this car
Does anyone know a good site for these aftermarket NAV systems. Im in Germany and right now I have a German Audi Dealer looking to see if the Audi Navigation plus works with American MAPS. No answer yet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Originally posted by jribanic@Feb 27 2005, 02:04 PM
Does anyone know a good site for these aftermarket NAV systems.  Im in Germany and right now I have a German Audi Dealer looking to see if the Audi Navigation plus works with American MAPS. No answer yet!
Do you know a good aftermarket place to get nav-plus or do I have to get it from audi?

I just got my Nav Plus RNS-E installed yesterday. Its a great investment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I just recently got a call from the German Dealer......They told me NAV-Plus will not work. :( Im going to go with a kenwood P-NAV715
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Keep an eye on www.navplus.us. The US unit of the new DVD based Navigation Plus (RNS-E) has already been successfully installed and there are a couple of people working on getting the US maps working on the European RNS-E.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top