Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AUDI B6 WHEEL OFFSET??

Hi,

Im after getting some new alloys for the A4 - however, can any one confirm what size the offset is on the A4 B6 - (Sport) standard alloys are on it at moment,.

Im after just a pair of TT 17inch, just the 6 spoke, loads on ebay but i need to find which ones will fit etc....

Is TT same offset as the A4 B6???

Answers on a postcard!!

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have seen the same alloys that i have at the moment for sale on ebay say 42 offset.... then the same again saying 35 offset... any one know.. or have any links advising

Thanks

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Rick you need to get alloys with a offset of 112 with a max of 114. Be careful as the tt takes a 100 offset wheel and the original Audi ones wont fit. You would need to buy a replica set from a wheel dealer on ebay that has the same wheel in a 112 off set if you want that design.
cheers t-sport

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
think i will give up already on this... i may even just buy some the same.... (reason is.. i got sick and tired of them not coming clean.. i spent about £60 and hours buying cleaning stuff/ alloy acid / you name it!! but nothing worked... so i got a sponge with a rough side (like you used to do the washing up'-) ) and used some cleaning stuff and cleaned hard!! got all the dirt off.. not even on spec of dirt!! looked perfect while they were wet!!! but when they dried i noticed i have taken all the lacquer off... so now i have a set of clean but dull MAT SILVER alloys!!! (ONE OF A KIND!!)

LOL!!!!

i can get them refurbed but it means taking the car in.. leaving it there a few days etc

nevermind.. win some, you loss some!!

Any other ideas how to restore them??? or any feesdback on the offsett... cheers T-Sport...

RickT

·
Registered
75 Posts
RickT, Let your refurb guy put you on a loan set of rims & tyres for the 2-3 days it takes him, its the only way. I'm having my B5 rims stripped & high polished right now.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the guy i have found does not have any....

going to keep looking about though.

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
t-sport said:
Rick you need to get alloys with a offset of 112 with a max of 114. Be careful as the tt takes a 100 offset wheel and the original Audi ones wont fit. You would need to buy a replica set from a wheel dealer on ebay that has the same wheel in a 112 off set if you want that design.
cheers t-sport
:confused: I think that you have offset mixed up with bolt pattern. Get some education on the issue before you start giving advice so you don't get embarassed.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Raudi Driver said:
:confused: I think that you have offset mixed up with bolt pattern. Get some education on the issue before you start giving advice so you don't get embarassed.
Have you actually answered the question to the offset then? I dont think so ?

So i made a mistake in my post we all do it even the guys with excellent technical knowledge.

If your going to post please post something constructive.

Please also take time to read the forum rules before posting for the first time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
t-sport said:
Have you actually answered the question to the offset then? I dont think so ?

So i made a mistake in my post we all do it even the guys with excellent technical knowledge.

If your going to post please post something constructive.

Please also take time to read the forum rules before posting for the first time.

I did read the rules and hear is what it says:

"No Personal Attacks. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may attack or dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level."

Seeing as my statement only attacked your thoughts on the subject, I did not violate any rules of the forum. That being said, I only corrected you and then stated that you need to know what you are talking about before you post to save yourself from some embarrasment. Offset and bolt size are two totally different aspects of a wheel and to mix them up by accident, well...

Back to fixing the problem:
The TT wheels won't fit on the B6. The bolt pattern is different. The TT uses a 4 x 100 bolt pattern while the B6 uses a 4 x 112. However, if you want to know what offset will fit on your car with a 17" wheel (8" wide) the correct offset should be +35.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok ok... i have posted a new thread as i needed a quick answer as i saw a pair of 18 inch A3 alloys, from a A3 2003...

would these fit???

do you know of any links which states all the models and offset etc??

Many Thanks and thanks to all of have provided feedback.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When you find what you want I can only give one bit of advise. I bought a wheel/tire bundle from Edge Racing in Florida and really got screwed over. Three new out of round Toyos and they won't honor the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys....

Going back to this again...

Am i correct in saying if i want so 17inch rims, (ORGINAL AUDI) i need to get 5 x 112 with a 35mm offset??

Please can someone confirm as i dont want to buy the incorrect item...

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
T-sport.. which rims do you have on yours??

did they come as standard??

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
there nice.... however bit too much for want i want to be spending at this mount in time!! LOL!!

Rickt

·
Registered
180 Posts
I dont know which Audi Raudi is driving but mine has 5 bolts not 4.
Perhaps he should get some "education" on this to save embarrasment
:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts