Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a4 tdi 2001(b6) fuel gauge not working,new pump/sender unit.

After checking all tried 2nd hand instrument cluster,gauge works,got another cluster from a damaged vehicle and thats faulty too!!!

Bad luck or what, what controls the fuel gauge on the instrument cluster? i.e which chip? bosch cluster part number 8e0 920 950 F

:mad: :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
when did the fuel gauge stop working?? d

Dd you know if the leave the igntion on to the scond click where the DIS/other dash lightsare on and refuel the car 3 your fuel gauge will stop working!!

All the need to do then is clear the codes on VAG-COM in the cluster section to get it working again.

whats VAG-COM reporting as it should see the fault??

also the new cluster, did you have to buy it all.... (cant be cheap) and was the milage correct to yours as your meant to only be able to programme from new to stop clocking etc..

Rickt

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RickT said:
when did the fuel gauge stop working?? d

Dd you know if the leave the igntion on to the scond click where the DIS/other dash lightsare on and refuel the car 3 your fuel gauge will stop working!!

All the need to do then is clear the codes on VAG-COM in the cluster section to get it working again.

whats VAG-COM reporting as it should see the fault??

also the new cluster, did you have to buy it all.... (cant be cheap) and was the milage correct to yours as your meant to only be able to programme from new to stop clocking etc..

Rickt
trust me rickt anything can be done,i mean anything!!!
vag-com reads short or open to b+ tried everything no luck!!! my gauge moves with ignition on about half a centimeter thats it! got full tank took my cousins audi clocks out,tried them and gauge worked,its definatley the cluster but i ned know which chip or transistor is the culprit!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
yeah i know it can be done with a few apps and effort.

however by policy it cant.....

i have had a look online for the last 30 mins but cant find anything to help you...

keep us posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts