Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am having problems with my Audi A6, 1999 quattro V6 auto tip, On take off I get some vibrations especially in first gear. Its very bad if I take off with steering on one side. Dealer said its to do with torsion and its normal for quattro. Dont think so. Just need someone to help with this. Also they said there used to be some small lubrication that goes in to the torsion box and it fixes it comletely. But is not sold because is highly toxic.

HELP

Best Regards Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Possibly a broken transmission mount,engine mount or a slight bend in one or the wheel driveshafts.Could also be that the main driveshaft centre bearing might be worn or loose in its housing.I personally have not experienced vibration due to the torsen centre diff,but if that is worn,and they do fail sometimes,then it is possible.There are so many possible different causes.First up I would check rubber engine and transmission mounts though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by urq20v@Jan 26 2005, 12:34 PM
Possibly a broken transmission mount,engine mount or a slight bend in one or the wheel driveshafts.Could also be that the main driveshaft centre bearing might be worn or loose in its housing.I personally have not experienced vibration due to the torsen centre diff,but if that is worn,and they do fail sometimes,then it is possible.There are so many possible different causes.First up I would check rubber engine and transmission mounts though.

Thanks a lot for reply,

Its got much worse after dealer replaced torsion fluid. Its that bad that all windows are now shaking. Used to be only when turning and now is when driving stright as well. it shakes up to at least 40km/h. After that is smooth as.

Is it possible to take off rear driveshafts and maybe isolate the problem, being in the front and/or at the back?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The car wont move if you disconnect the drive to the rear.Just a thought,does your car,being an auto,have a switchable rear diff lock?Perhaps the rear diff is locked and causing the shake.
Strange it should get worse after changing the Torsen oil.I guess it is possible the torsen is worn,but it would have to be really bad to cause such shaking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dude - jack the car up and run the wheels, then place your hand on the body too feel for vibrations, if it does, check the wheels, or it could be the drive-shaft that is a bit off the straight path. If it is, all you need is an engineer to straten it too perfection.

hope this gives you some idea's

later

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by sholt@Jan 31 2005, 06:44 PM
Dude - jack the car up and run the wheels, then place your hand on the body too feel for vibrations, if it does, check the wheels, or it could be the drive-shaft that is a bit off the straight path. If it is, all you need is an engineer to straten it too perfection.

hope this gives you some idea's

later

Thanks buddy,

I changed my tyres and 50% of vibrations are gone but still get bad ones when pulling from the parking with steering fully on one side. Will try ur suggestion over the weekend and let u know.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts