Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get this thing that lets say im not accelerating but im going at like 15KM, the car will slow down by itself but like if i were pressing down the brake, as if it were stopping by itself, is this normal? or is it the tranny?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Does it feel like a hard braking? What does the tach read? What does it feel like when you coast down from say 50MPH? Can you feel the tranny upshifting?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since its a tiptronic i dont know, but yes, i can feel the car slowing down from like 40 to 30 very vast, i dont know whats wrong with this,

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hmmm.. puzzleing. I can't say for sure but it sounds like a transmission issue. Make sure the mechanic first checks the fluid level. He will have to bring the transmission temp up to 40C then use a special tool to check the level from underneeth the car. There is no dipstick on the Audi ZF transmissions. These transmissions are very sensitive to fluid levels. The dealer may recommend a transmission service. This is a good first step.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K, i will tell them that today, and if that doesnt fix it, i will tell them to change the entire tranny.

So everything comes down to a tranny issue, the no acceleration, no backing up, and now the slowing down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts