Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people does any one know if break lights from new latest audi a6 saloon the one with the leds, are a straight swap to fit on a 2007 a6saloon

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

They are different shapes, so I'd say the answer is no unless you replace the bootlid, bumper etc...

See comparison pics below.

MF.

A6 3 Cropped 5_small.JPG A6 2 Cropped 6_small.jpg

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
2009 rear look

Hi,

They are different shapes, so I'd say the answer is no unless you replace the bootlid, bumper etc...

See comparison pics below.

MF.

View attachment 5971 View attachment 5972
Yes, I have done this and it cost a bomb.
New lights, boot lid(s model with integrated spoiler) including inner trim, Bumper & mounting parts with S6 diffuse and lower trim, S6 exhaust to improve looks and performance. Lastly, new 46 convenience control unit, coded to your chassis numnber SKC code.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I have done this and it cost a bomb.
New lights, boot lid(s model with integrated spoiler) including inner trim, Bumper & mounting parts with S6 diffuse and lower trim, S6 exhaust to improve looks and performance. Lastly, new 46 convenience control unit, coded to your chassis numnber SKC code.
Nice! Any chance of before/after pics?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Good work Gabriel
I am making the same thing. ;)

You could enlarge information on this:

What is what you are able when changing this???
ONly problem is with the 46 Convenience Control unit which the rear lights are connect to. If you use new unit with N version, you will need to send it to the Audi dealer to code the CU online with Germany to register the new CU module.

You can use existing CU, but wiring is different (use 2007 Advant model wiring) and you need to code it to Advant, which has similar LED lights, only problem the rear led fog lights will flash for 0.5 sec every 30 secs. Looks cool too.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
For the other rear lights I use K version which has addition two dot led at far outer side
4F5945095K
4F5945096K
Boot lid I use Sline/ S version with integrated spoiler(Part number 4F5 827 023S (Euro license plate ver), Look are above comparision pics post by MFGF, you can see your lid is just a smooth curve, as compare to above has a distinct protrusion as in the latest S6 rear lid you see what I meant. I also bought new stopper plus rivet, so as not to remove them fm existing lid as these were riveted. Note, the lid inner trim is not the same, watch for the hazard triangle as its different.

You need to trim off underside of the lower luggage compartment trim otherwise the boot will not close properly, the part numbers are the same new & old, I dont know why?
Bumper, top side you will need this part 4F5 807 443A - 2ZZ is chrome, I use 443D GRU
as I painted it in silver, for your car colour you can choose chrome.
You also need to change the bumper mounting for this one only
4F5 807 897B & 898B Left & Right

Diffuser, I use S6 Diffusers part numbers are
4F0807521 1RR Spoiler for twin exhaust on each side, as per pics I posted
4F0807791 1L1 trim

Lastly buy a new fourings logo, use RS4 type as it will be smaller and nicer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gabriel, yes already knew the difference among the S-Line and the one that I have bought
In fact I opened a post in the Spanish forum some days ago:

Portón trasero restyling - Audisport Iberica

What happens is that like I have gotten all the pieces in Germany to a very low price I have had to buy the pieces that had. ;)

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Gabriel, I would not put nothing else in the front bumper.
To my, personally, I like the more possible OEM ;)
Yes, same sentiments here, but this is for my friend Q7 , we cannot order the Q7 V12 DRL LED as they will want a chassis number from a V12TDI which we dont have any in our country, I was thinking if you have asource for parts you could help me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gabriel, ask someone on mobile . de who has the car on sale and it will give you the chassis number. I did this a few times ;)

I'm doing the rear lights upgrade on my a6 sedan and i want to know how did you manage with the wiring. At the local audi dealer they said that the whole trunk wiring costs about 3000 euros :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Gabriel,

what is the coding of the [46] convenience control unit you have used? The turnlight behavior is different in the US and Europe. I am located in Europe, but was wondering how to change the coding to the US turnlight (which uses the red LEDs instead of the yellow bulb).

I have seen, that you have installed the US specific lights with the 2 side marker LEDs. Can you post a pic, so I can see the difference?

Thx.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Hi Gabriel,

what is the coding of the [46] convenience control unit you have used? The turnlight behavior is different in the US and Europe. I am located in Europe, but was wondering how to change the coding to the US turnlight (which uses the red LEDs instead of the yellow bulb).

I have seen, that you have installed the US specific lights with the 2 side marker LEDs. Can you post a pic, so I can see the difference?

Thx.
Coding is on the 09 CU, not on the 46, I think, no way to change the colour, if you get the US version is all fix, the turn signal bulb is red I think? otherwise jsut change th bulb inside.

The outer lights, has two leds near the rear side panel, if non US ver, its only a rect blank. the pic you can see on the left side add lights sticking out from the circle of led

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Gabriel Can You Give Me Some Information About Those Rs6 Headlights You Got On Your Car? Were Did You Get A Hold Of Them? I Really Like Them A Lot They Look Very Nice

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Hey Gabriel Can You Give Me Some Information About Those Rs6 Headlights You Got On Your Car? Were Did You Get A Hold Of Them? I Really Like Them A Lot They Look Very Nice
You can buy them off Audi parts store, where are you at (which country), I have one set for Right Hand drive(left hand traffic) i.e. UK, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia etc. let me know if you are interested.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts