Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased an Audi A6 Avant demonstrator (2006) but it only has a single cd player and not the changer.

I have seen some on ebay for sale (audi make) - Can anyone let me know what the part number should be.

Re - installation - Do I remove the cd player and replace it with the changer or does the changer sit beside the player in the glove compartment OR is this a dealers job?

·
Registered
567 Posts
You cannot replace the single CD player with a multi changer as the CD player is the radio as well. I assume you have MMI Basic or Basic +

You can add a 6 CD multichanger in the slot next to the single CD. You need to cut out the back of the glove box to make it fit and add the neccessary wiring and fiber optics. Then recode the car to accept the new CD changer, you could also add the mp3 playing CD changer instead of the standard one.

CD Changer 4E0 057 111 or C, D, E or F
Mp3 CD Changer 4E0 057 110 B or C

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think you should already have the cable fitted, it is in my 2001. It's a 13 pin plug, wrapped in foam at the top of the left hand boot compartment in mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
does anyone have the installation instructions so I can see how to put the power and earth cables+ the fiber optics?

·
Registered
46 Posts
a6 mmi basic plus with single cd player

I have the same question. Can somebody help with adding the cd changer to the mmi basic plus. What wiring I need (part numbers) and any instruction how to fit them. After wiring how to recode the system to accept the changer? Details please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts