Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am new to this forum...unfortunately ...my introduction is accompanied by disaster.....as i tried to change the oil on my wife's as 2.7 t....here is what has occured ..maybe someone very knowledgable my offer me some guidance.

wher is the oil sump drain pan located? is it the reservoir casing immediately behind and or , near the oil filter (under the plastic cover) ,or is it the reservoir area further back with a circular drainplug .

i used a allen hex key to drain the one in the rear ,thinking this was the iol pan ,then i changed the oil filter up front. i assume there was maybe 5 qts of oil in the car at that time i added 5 qts. then backed the car out of the garage . The car started to smoke then i noticed some dark oil dripping from the front passenger side of the car.I freaked out brought the car in and started thinking what may ahve gone wrong....i think may be i blew a seal with all that oil in the car .....if what i drained out was actually differential oil in he first place.

HELP CONSIDERING I AM BANISHEDFROM THE MAIN HOUSEAND WILL BE SLEEPING OUTSIDE IN THE GARAGE WITH THE INJURED AUDI ...I MAY AS WELL GET SOME GOOD ADVISE.
THANKS .......HELP

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think you changed the differential oil and not the engine oil, drain your engine oil (you must take off the plastic cover underneath the car to grt to the oil sump to drain it. Please check your diff oil because I think there ain't anymore in the gearbox, you must also have your catylic converters checked, because if they get oil in they're shot, hope you don't have too much trouble. If you don't get it right, get the proffesionals to come have a look at your car at home. It is better to pay the money and get a broken ego than to go through the trouble alone and worry so much that you can't focus. I feel your pain. Hope your problem will soon be something of the past.

Corne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts