Audi Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just purchased an Audi A6 2005, i would like to fit my Ipod directly to the car. I currently have to use an FM transmitter. Can anyone help?
I also did not buy the phone prep kit (stupid mistake) Is it possible to get my phone run through the MMI screen using aftermarket fittings?

Regards

Tandus

·
Registered
1 Posts
tandus,
This is the first time I've seen this message board. Did you ever get any replies to your inquiry about hardwiring the iPod to your 2005 A6 3.0 ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I share the need - to connect an IPOD or any other MP3 to MMI High (A6 Avant 2006 model. Surprised to learn that the build-in 6-CD charger cannot read mp3! There must be someone who linked the stuff without using a FM transmitter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is currently no way to connect an Ipod to the MMI except the FM options. However after much badgering, Dension have said that they should have a USB based system available in "Q2 2006". So hold fire until then.

Without the factory phone prep' your screwed. Just invest in a good aftermarket kit and remember to tick the option on the next order form!

·
Registered
567 Posts
No way of adding an Ipod unless you have the TV tuner option, 2 aux inputs on that.

Also, no way of muting the stereo with an aftermarket phone kit.

You can now get the genuine Audi BT kits, but they are not cheap.

Craig

·
Registered
8 Posts
When i bought my A6 (a 4F i think), the first thing i looked for was an iPod interface and, as one of the other postings says, it's not available yet. Local car audio and Audi dealer both give out the same message - available from mid April so i bought an iTrip and the sound quality's not a patch on the wired version. I fitted one of the Dension kits to the Beemer i got rid of to get the A6, they're great bits of kit - mp3 id tags on the radio, song FF/RW from the steering wheel etc. and the noises i'm getting from the local dealership is that the kit being released in April will have the same functionality.
BT phone kit displaying through the MMI - not sure on this one but i'll be having a go at fitting my Parrot CK3100 car kit (previously in the Beemer) when i've got hold of an iPod interface. The Parrot kit has no way of communication with the MMI but the display that comes with it is OK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,
at the moment de dension ice-link FM should be fine. Later this year, a special ice-link will come out, but very expensive (they say up to 400 dollars). Website : www.dension.com

regards,

Geert

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with Sten above, that I was suprised to find out that the CD changer did not play MP3 and WMA files.

Six month ago Audi said that they expected a solution 2nd quarter 2006.
When asking this week, the answer is that the function will come 4th quarter.

However, I don't know if there will be an upgrade package for existing MMI High. I suppose so, because the CD changer can already read data files, so I suppose it is only a question of to add the proper software to the system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,

i have also waited for the ice link for the new a6 - it has been put back 1 year since i first requested info on it.

does anyone know where the antena lead is for the radio? i am fed up with itrip & would like to use ice-link fm

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re Phone: I didn't buy the phone kit either, but did get premium sound, which uses blue tooth on the phone, it works great. If you have premium sound pkg but not a blue tooth phone it may be worth upgrading phones, I got a cheap one with Blue Tooth via Sprint. You click blue tooth on your phone to 'search' it links with the car, then whenever you step into you car you dial from the phone, or someone rings you, it puts music on pause and you talk to a speaker phone hidden above somewhere. The sound to you comes out of the speakers. Everyone says it sounds really clear (on the other end).

Re Ipod- I have the same issue, FM transmitter sounds awful. If you get a solution can you email me at: [email protected]?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the advice - have just bought a 2001 A8 and was wondering how to get my iPod attached without wrecking the stereo system/scrapping the CD changer. Dension set-up looks ideal.

One question, though. I'm not that clued-in yet about my stereo. Know it's a Audi Concert unit. Dension list their interface as Audi A8 Type D2. Was wondering about the D2 bit - anyone know what exactly it refers to/what head units it refers to?

Cheers!

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am very disappointed that at the very least Audi did not provide an aux jack to interface an iPod with my 2005 A6. It sounds like for right now we are out of luck. The FM option I use sounds awful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts