Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I bought a replacement headlight bulb for my Audi A6 2000 with the assumption that it would not be difficult to change the bulb and that the manual would have instructions. I was suprised to find that the only instructions are to take it to the dealership to change, which happens to be pretty far away and apparently pretty costly since there is no way to get to the bulb that I can see.

Before I take the trouble to go to that measure does anyone have a website that might explain how to do this on my own with relatively little complication or has anyone changed the headlight bulb on their own before? Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pop the back cover off. Twist out the wiring harness, pull the bulb out of the harness. Make sure not to touch the new bulb when you put it in.

·
Registered
144 Posts
On the 2000 model (non xenon), the bulb wires come off the bulb simply by pulling. There are also some metal clips that hold the bulb in place, pop them off then get the bulb out. As slee22 said, don't touch the glass part of the new bulb with your hand. And also don't scratch it while putting it in (trust me, it's quite easy to scratch it).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts