Audi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we got the car back in 2003, Audi A6 2.4....I noticed that whenever i parked and i tried to back up and lets say a speed bump is behind my car, the car wont back up, this has happened several times. I was parked in a mall, and there was a speed bump behind my car, as a normal person i accelerated slowly to back up, but then i realized that the car wouldnt wanted to go, so i put the car in D and then back again in Reverse and i tried it again, i accelerated the car to the MAXIMUM and it wouldnt go, the RPM wouldnt go above 3,000...I took the car to the audi dealership and they sent a report to Germany because apparently this was a first, and Germany said that it was a "safety" feature. Come on, what if i was parked and that happened to me, and a truck was coming my way, i would die. Can anyone please explain whats going on with this problem? has this only happened to me or it has happened to more people?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do you have a Tiptronic? I suspect there's a problem with one of the reverse clutches. If you're lucky you may only be low on tranny fluid. It's a whole process checking the level. Did your dealer do this check?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
according to them, they checked EVERYTHING and they couldnt find anything wrong, and im looking for an answer very fast because the 3 year full warranty is about to expire. and Yes i do have Tiptronic

·
Registered
256 Posts
Man this sounds like the reverse clutch. You may want to look at my posts on the subject from a few months back. If there is an indi Merc, Audi, VW shop around, have them look at it for a second opinion. The dealer may be just waiting you out until the warrant expires. New tranny from the dealer can easily run >$6K up here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the warranty expired 2 days ago, but since they knew about the problem they cant deny us of the part, and also we are friends with the owner of the Audi here in Panama, so on wednesday ill take the car so the mechaninc will inspect the car infront of me, .......and the reverse clutch? that means they are going to have to chance the entire transmission?

also i posted on another topic that my car "thinks" whenever i push down the accelerator(when im in a red light or so), if i press the accelerator, the car wont go for likr 1 and a half second. Is this also the transmission? because we are going tomorrow to speak with the Audi people. And if its the tranny, i hope they pay for it

Also i get this thing that lets say im not accelerating but im going at like 15KM, the car will slow down by itself, as if it were stopping by itself, is this normal?

·
Registered
256 Posts
When you press the accel at the red light does the car rev then go? As for the reverse situation, show the mechanic exactly the situation that causes the problem. If there is a small hill or speed bump around, demonstrate it there.
Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello i demostrated the reverse thing to the mechanic and they sent an email to Germany and they told us that is "a safety feature" but thats impossible, and i will drive the car today and i will let you know if after the red light the rev's go up, because im not sure

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just went today and now they changed their story, now they say that they tried another car from the same year, same model and the same problem happened, i told them that if 1 car has a problem that means several has the same problem, i also told them that that is no safety thing. I told them to give the transmission maintenance and if that doesnt solve it they need to change the tranny.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they said that all of the oils and stuff in the tranny were ok, whats the next step, the problem isnt fixed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts