Audi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hope everyone reading this is well! For the past month I’ve been having an issue with the soft top it doesn’t open at all and I get a “soft top cannot be used” message on the drivers display I’ve plugged in vcds and it reads two faults “hydraulic pump relay- implausible signal” so I’ve gone into the boot and changed both relays but still nothing! I then took the relay console out completely and discovered that a small amount of water had leaked into that area i then found the ground wire attached to one of the relay sockets had corroded I therefore changed the complete relay socket for a new one wired it in the same way bearing in mind I traced the ground wire as far back as I could and cut into it to find the complete wire had corroded inside somehow I therefore connected the new ground wire to the chassis of the car hoping it would work the same but still the roof isn’t opening. I checked vcds again and still the same faults appear have I missed something ? I really don’t want to fork out 190 quid for Audi diagnosis and then upwards of 1200 quid for a repair please help! The weathers getting nice and I’ve only had the car a few months now so haven’t even been able to enjoy the soft top yet. Also I’m going to try to manually open and close the roof in hope that it would somehow magically make it work again also I’ve not tried looking at the hydraulic motor but may remove it for inspection if anyone could advise me on how to remove it I would highly appreciate that! Thanks so much in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts