Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just registered here. O just purchased a 2002 A4 3.0 Turbo with everything.... It has 49k miles on it. I only put about 300 miles on it and was driving home from the mountains when my power steering
failed 5 mins from my home. Luckily I was off the mountain. So I took it back to the dealership and it still had its 30 day warranty. It cost me 180 bucks for a new belt and tensioner and 2 bolts. They didnt charge me for labor.
Now I can get a warranty which i passed on initially through a non Audi dealership. They want to charge me 3500 for 3yr 36000 warranty, pretty much coveriung the major things. I called a local Audi dealer and they said they would warranty my car for same miles and years for 2700$.. Although they said they would need to run a diagnostic to make sure my car isnt already screwed etc...

Ok heres the question. Is it smart to drop 2700 for the warranty? It sounds like Audi nickels and dimes their customers. Something I didnt know before the purchase......
So how many agree with my analysis??? If anyone cares to see my car or anythign else just to let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I take it you got the 3.0 turbo diesel(tdi)A4- I think the dealership should have replaced the parts at no charge as still under the warranty but never mind.
You would be best to go for the Audi warranty rather than a independant dealership especially as the price is cheaper.I would say your car should be ok on the diagnostics with that mileage on or you would probably have fault lights on on the DIS.I take it it has been serviced reguarly by Audi anyway up to the 49k miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts