Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have recently bought a 2002 Audi A4 1.9 Tdi Sport, and am becoming a little distressed. :(

Can anyone please tell me how to replace the Dip Headlight. The main beam is just about manageable, I've got small strong fingers!

Looking at it, it would appear that the only way is to undo the Torx Screws that hold the headlight in place and try to remove the entire unit to gain access to the dipped unit.

Many thanks
Jonnyboy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi

I changed my light bulbs to Philips Blue vision
You need to take the headlight out to do this.

THERE ARE 4 TORX SCREWS ON EACH HEADLIGHT

You need an extension pole for your socket set (8 inches long approx ) to get to the back one..

Hope this helps you

David

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did this on my A4. It took about 2 hours to get the headlight loose enough to reach the bulb,go get a new one, and reconnect everything. Fortunately, I have small fingers. I never could get the light fixture all the way out. There are too many connecting wires and I couldn't get them disconnected. The next time I will just take the car in. Why does Audi make normal maintenance items so hard for the owner to do?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
below is the post i updated a while back regarding the replacment of headlight bulbs.

really simple..

You need to take the headlight unit out if its on the left hand side (due to power steering reservoir, if on the right hand side you can just about get to the cover to remove it...
If you need to remove the head lights .. it simple... 4 torque screws on the top.. undo and slide towards youself.... (place on something soft and remove the plastic cover and change bulb.. reinstall and tighten )

Thats all thats to it..

( :banana: Also.... please use the search function on the top of the forum as i lot of common issues have already been posted and resolved... it could save you time!! )

Thanks

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
haha i did it, and trust me it was not simple!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where exactly are the torx screws 'in the back'. I can easily see the 4 screws on top but the 'back' ones I cannot find. Help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where exactly are the torx screws 'in the back'. I can easily see the 4 screws on top but the 'back' ones I cannot find. Help.
There are only four torx screws that secure each headlight, but they are not the four immediately visible on top of the headlight -- just the two on top securing it in place. The other two are deeper in the engine compartment. Check out :: a4mods.com ::, he's got a good writeup for removing the headlights.

PM me if you still can't locate the correct screws and I'll take pictures on my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts