Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just planning to get some stuff for my audi and i was curious how much power can the a4 1.8t qt tranny hold i was aiming for 300-350whp with about the same in torque. my friend is an audi machanic and said that it dosent hold it well. i wanted to drag my car. is there any serious mods i can do but keep the daily driveablity of the car..?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I would say the manual Quattro gearbox would easily cope with that bhp and torque.Its the cvt tiptronic that doesnt handle much extra power.Good luck with the mods.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
i would say you will be luckly not to start knacking your drive shafts from stock parts...

however im not sure what other kit is out there... so it may just been the case of replacing them more often...

(A lad i know has got a Leon Cupra R was 225- upto 345bhp, and he says it the worst things he ever done... it pops drive shafts on a monlthly/ quartar basis,..... other bearings, gearbox syncos, ......

Depends how much cash you wanna spend i guess...

Rickt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
humm interesting alot of people are telling me that it will hold up.. i was just going to get the gt28 ball bearing turbo, chip, injectors, downpipe , exhuast, 4bar fuel map, the setup goes between 300-350. on people whom have dynoed this setup the torque is roughly the same as the hp if not a little higher. iam more concered with the torque then hp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts