Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

When I bought my 1997 Audi A4 I didn't also receive an owner's manual. I don't even know if the car has or not a trip computer. Seems stupid I know, but how can I find out? :confused:
Also, in the partial km counter line (below the overall km), at ignition something like a " I n I " appears for 20-30 seconds, and then the number of kms. Any idea what this means? Does anyone have a list with all that the display can show?

Or an owner's manual in electronic form, for that year?

Thanks guys
Ovidiu

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Ovidiu
The A4 came both with and without the trip computer depending on the model. On your windscreen wiper lever if you have a on board computer you should have a little button under the lever and a switch at the end of the lever. By holding in the button under the wipper lever for a second it reset's the trip computer.
If you have this I will post for you how to use it.

NEXT
On you console where you see IN 1 that mean's Inspection service Needed.

If it say's In1 then In2 that meen's inspections service plus additional service needed.
This is coming up on my wifes A4 now.

Hope this help's
Addam

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks for the answer, Addam.

Well, guess I don't have the trip computer ( I don't have the button / switch on the windscreen wiper lever ). It would have been interesting for the statistics on consumption, because it seems consuming too much (14l / 100km in town).

About "In1" - the car was just inspected (not by a Audi service though), so I think I don't have to worry about it for now. It doesn't appear also In2. Are there other warnings that can be displayed there?

Ovidiu

·
Registered
43 Posts
The car will almost tell you when you have to do a pee. Ha Ha
Lot's of info comes up on the console. just keep a eye out for any trouble light's like
Engine sheck
Oil
just main ones.
Good luck addam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts