Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just put a small deposit down on an '05 plate A4 3.0 TDI Quattro Tiptronic.

Before I follow through, has anybody got any positive and/or negative views on this car?

Are there any known problems I should look for (or ask to be fixed)?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum ah101 :)

You will still have 2 years manufactures warranty with your car so thats trouble free motoring on your pocket .

Not aware of any major problems with the 3.0 tdi unit.

Good luck with your purchase and post your pics when you get it !!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
no real issues reported on this lump... good solid bit of kit you will have there!!

to be honest audi dont have any major issues on any off the new stuff

Rickt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please excuse the last two blank posts, PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer!)

I collected the car yesterday and then proceeded to drive home ~600 miles in 8.5 hours (Aberdeen to Bournemouth, don't ask!)

So the specification is as follows:
  • 2005 Audi A4 S Line 3.0Tdi Quattro Tiptronic
  • Quartz Grey
  • Black Volcona Leather Sports Seats
  • Centre Armrest
  • BOSE
  • DIS
  • Symphony with front loading 6 CD
  • Accoustic Parking, Rear
  • 8jx18 9 Spoke Alloys
Initial view is as follows:

• Economy at about 70mph (cough) was an average 39.6mpg over the 600 miles.....I'm pleased with that
  • Engine is stunning.....very smooth, growls like a petrol V6 when warm and very very little diesel rattle on cold startup and very responsive. Turbo lag is minimal from a standing start
  • Tiptronic is smooth and responsive (I drove home in 'D' all the way rather than 'S') - at very low traffic jam speeds I could feel the clutch engage through the accelerator with a little 'slap' (bit strange)
  • Quattro drivetrain is very good
  • Suspension is very good, firm but smooth....no crashing effects over potholes
Now for some negatives
  • The lack of audio controls on the steering wheel is very very bad.....can this problem be addressed in an affordable way?
  • Auto dimming rear view mirror a chargeable option....get a life Audi!
  • Downturned exhaust tips....life has moved on, look at the Diesel Brera or CLS
  • Centre armrest catches handbrake.....I think this has been a feature of Audi's for years, no major issue, just a design problem
In summary, I'm very pleased with the car......in terms of performance, economy and sound, the 3.0 Tdi engine is so much better than the 2.5 Diesel I had a few years ago

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just put a small deposit down on an '05 plate A4 3.0 TDI Quattro Tiptronic.

Before I follow through, has anybody got any positive and/or negative views on this car?

Are there any known problems I should look for (or ask to be fixed)?

Thank you
check the diff is ok, ive just bought a manualone (55reg)(100k miles though), to find out it probably needs a diff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hope your car was not from Bournemouth Autobahn!

If your Audi was from Bournemouth Autobahn get it checked over thoroughly. They sell attractively priced cars that can have very expensive hidden faults. They have unsatisfied County Court Judgments against them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts