Audi Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Further to my mission to make my Audi A4 look brand new, can anyone advise on the following?

1. Need to replace aluminium cover that surrounds gear stick. Audi dealer is quoting £100 just to supply it. Any other options?

2. The console on the driver side that houses the electric mirror/windows switches all need replacing - anyone know any reliable Audi breakers?

3. I have just replaced my Audi Bose Concert Stereo because the one it came with was scratched .... the new one is the wrong colour! Its off-black as opposed to actual black ... which is what I need! Anyone want to swap? Or for sale is a Bose Concert Stereo in genuine black but with scratched buttons - name your price!

Thank you all !

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
1. the dealer is the only place i know to get it and yes its a rip off

2. wut do you mean buy replacing, is it pealing or the bottons do not work

3. good luck on the replacement

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. All the buttons have been scratched and damaged by previous owner. She also damaged the stereo, aluminium cover, and scratched the surface of the auto-gear stick which I also need to replace!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About 4 of the buttons have yes. I have to say, having been a BMW owner for a short while, I was stunned at the 'quality' of the Audi interior. Only 29,000 on the clock .... 4 years old .... and buttons disappearing on the stereo and door panels for the mirrors/windows!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
mine have done that... you cant buy spares either.... im after a radio which has broke internally for a small fee and then i may try and replace the buttons after butchering the old one!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw one on eBay not long ago but can you really take the buttons off and stick them on another one without it looking dodgy?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
yeah you can do.. you need to open it up and all the station buttons are one piece ( i am led to believe) if i can get old of one which the buttons are ok i can open the faultly on up first and see how easy it is today..

or just buy a new radio from Audi for £150

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
sorry.... the Audi Concert Stereo is £150.00 from Audi, its the Blaupunkt one.. I misread the above and didnt see you had put Bose

Below is a pic simliar to the one i was one about (the pic is one from the A3 but the same style... ish)

[attachmentid=889]

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
that cheap rubber came off mine also and u cant repair it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the one I just bought for £190!! This IS a Bose stereo!! Who quoted you £150?! Can I have contact details?! Cheers mate!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I went to Audi and asked them how much it was to repair/replace the station select buttons on my Radio and they advised the parts cant be replaced by them.. however a new radio is £150.00 + 30 mins labour for fitting...

Cheers...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You certainly know your stuff. Just rang Birmingham Audi and they charge £600 for a new one OR I can get a reconditioned one for £200 + my old stereo with the scratched facsia. Wish I knew this earlier !! I paid £190 for a nearly new one of eBay !! Mind you, there were people paying upwards of £250 for the same stereo. Think I will stick with mine and stick my old stereo on eBay.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
thats a good buy...

I wonder if different Audi dealers can charge different prices?? i know ours herre charges £105.00 PER HOUR!! .
- they didnt tell me it was a recon one i was going to get and that i had to give them mine....

any way... you have got yours now and you may be able to make a little bit for yours which has facia damaged...

Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts