·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
does anyone know how to reset the service interval display on
dash.

They say you can get a tool or electrical circuit
from well known car accesory shops? to reset the interval.

Im servicing the car myself now ie oil changes etc...

thanks

alistair from coventry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure if the 99 is the same as mine as you have a slightly different dash but mine is hold trip in, turn key to ON, select desired indicator, pull time/dimmer knob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
99 A4

Do you have the 2.8 Quattro Sedan? If so would you recommend this vehicle over most of the Audi engine choices for the B5 body style era?

·
Registered
19 Posts
spoonz said:
Not sure if the 99 is the same as mine as you have a slightly different dash but mine is hold trip in, turn key to ON, select desired indicator, pull time/dimmer knob.
Sorry guys, I'm quite new around, and I don't know all the words you used above (and I'm not a native english speaker :D). Also I should reset that indicator...

What's the "trip" and how do you "select the desired indicator"?

Thanks
Ovidiu

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Ovidiu
Okay here is what you have to do.
Put the key in the ignition with the engine off but key in the ignition,

On the instrument panel where you speedo is, there is 2 knob's. The one on the left is your clock setting knob and the one on the right is the trip reset button.

Okay here is what you have to do.
put you hand on the key and the other hand on the clock time adjustment knob ( the one on the Left) as you are turning the ignition to the on position (NOTE: DO NOT TURN ON THE IGNITION JUST TURN TO THE ON POSITION) This is very important.
as you are turning on the ignition to the ON position you are PUSH IN THE TRIP KNOB ON RIGHT AS YOU DO THIS TAKE YOUR LEFT HAND OFF THE KNOB ON RIGHT AND PUSH IN THE TIME BUTTON ON THE LEFT .PUSH AND HOLD FOR 3 SECOND'S. THIS SHOULD RESET THE
IN1 AND THE IN2 ON YOUR CONSOLE that we talked about before.
If this does not work turn on the key to the on position and reverse what I told you to do.

I hope you understand this
Addam
Audi A4 & A6 Service light reset​
Turn off the ignition
Press and hold the button on the left hand side of the display while turning the ignition on.
Service oil will be displayed.
Pull out the button on the right side of the display until the service prompt is cleared.
The display should now read ---

If the above procedure does not work, outlined below is a alternative procedure.

With the ignition off, push the right button.
Turn the ignition on and then pull the left button.​
This should clear the warning message

1 - 6 of 6 Posts