Audi Forums banner

Audi A4 1.8 96 Model - Non-turbo

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  A6_25TDI 
#1 ·
Hi all

Well, what can i say? When it rains it pores.

My 96 model, starts really hard. Once started idles like a dream. No rough idling or rattling, just sweet sounds. At first, i thought it might be plugs, but the car drives and sounds normal. I removed the starter and was that a **** waste of time. So ya, I've run a mile outta ideas.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

:liebe011:

#4 ·
i have the same problem.

my fren had his fuel pump changed. i think that solved his problem. i already had mine changed a few months back. i already changed the plugs. it helped a bit. but it s a bit hard when cold. usually i had to give a slight tap on the gas to get it fired up. so, i think it has something to do with the fuel system. hopefully nothing serious. so far, i m adapting to this.

#5 ·
Before changing some expensive parts and having no improvement from that, you should check some parameters on the engine. Take the car to a diagnostic expert (that knows how to interpret measuring blocks in vag-com). A good thing to start with is checking the injection timings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.