Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my new Audi A3 2.0T with the sports package, BOSE sound, 6 CD changer and NAV system, but the dealer says they cannot install the IPOD adapter as it will disable the CD changer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the article - I also will be looking into a switch so I dont have to totally disable the 6 CD changer that came with the Bose radio package.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard the iPod adaptors for the A3s were recalled because of some problem with them shorting out the rear speakers. I found this out when I called to try and buy one and get it installed.

Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed my ipod adapater following the instructions. Take the CDC (Changer CD) cable in the first plane and take the pins moentioned out and the ones from the adapter in. You need a special tool that Audi provided me.

It sounds good and I haven't check if the rear speakers are shorter out, but I don't think so.

If anyone need assistance I can help

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered my A3 today and they said they would install the ipod adapter into the bose system. They are charging me $400 for the parts and installation. For those of you that had this done, what can you control from the steering wheel and what do you see on the screen? Thanks! I can't wait to get it!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It does leave a lot to behind as far as IPOD control goes. (read link I sent earlier too)

1. You can't control songs from the clickwheel of the IPOD, only from radio controls and wheel. Even though it's kinda nice to change songs from your stering wheel, if you want a particular song it takes forever to find it.

2. It's treated like a 6 disk changer and each CD is a playlist on the IPOD. Again if you don't have a song included in a playlist, good luck trying to find it.

3. It doesn't tell you anything about the song in the radio screen. Only in the IPOD with a different format.

4. It disables your Satellite system (if you have one), unless they have come up with something better.

Sorry for my pesimism, but with the popularity of IPOD I expected a lot more from a luxury car like AUDI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah seriously. what a crappy "integration". So the question becomes, what can you do that's better? Will an aftermarket solution be better? Will it look as well integrated? probably not. Ugh....this makes me wish I didn't spend the $400!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts