Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I need some help, On a 1998 A3 1.8 t sport the alarm and immobiliser is set by locking the doors with the key, the key does not have a remote locking feature.
Is there any way to turn this into a remote locking key without having a new alarm system fitted?

thankyou,

Jon.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes you can.

You can get it checked out by audi to see if it has the correct modules to be able to receive the radio input for a genuine key.

If not you can get one of those after market kits that plug into the vacuum motor and locking. They are plug and play and you get a remote to use.

Obviously check the audi option first.

·
Registered
272 Posts
This is the plug and play kit i was talking about. I fitted no problems so anybody can do it.. You have to splice a few wires if you want your indicators to flash but I think its all explained
A3 remote locking kit

[attachmentid=600]

Remote central locking upgrade kit that simply plugs into the central locking pump and gives total closure at the touch of a button.

The upgrade remote locking kit, will shut the electric windows and close the electric roof ONLY if your car does that now on the key!!

I.E. if your windows and roof are open, turn the key in the lock and hold it in the lock position for about 5 seconds. If your car has total closure, then it will shut the roof and windows by holding the key in the lock position.

Average fitting time is quoted as "15 minutes". Kit comes with two code hopping remote controls, wiring and fitting instructions in multiple languages.

Price:
£92.00 +vat

Customer quote:

"The kit was so simple to install I'd have to give it a haynes manual 0 spanners. Instructions were in about 10 langauges including English and it took me about 10 mins including taking a load of photos and making a custom fit mount for the unit."

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for that mate, the windows and sunroof do go up with the key so i will look into that,

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts