Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I have an audi a3 2.0 litre sport. im looking to lower the car by about 30mm.

As the car i have is the sport model which is already (apparently) lowered my 15mm by aude then i need to take this off the drop giving by eibach so if i got the pro kit it would not lower it 30mm it would lower it 15mm.

Does anyone know if this is right? or got any tips on what springs to get

im also looking to put adjustable camber arms on the front and whatever required on the back so that i can adjust the camber as well as the alignment. has anyone done this before

any replies welcome!

Ben

[email protected]

·
Registered
470 Posts
Eibach and H&R springs are good. But if your changing the camber aswell why not go for height/dampening adjustable coilovers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im thinking of sportline springs from eibach, lowering front 30mm and back 20-25 mm.

does anyone know if i will need to put adjustable camber arms on when lowering this much?

also any pictures of lowered a3 8p's to look at would be great

thanks
ben

[email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok what springs did you use? As in the manufacturer?

could you send me the details of how to fit the springs?

did you have any problems with the camber once lowered?

thanks
ben

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is my ride lowered 45mm by H&R race spring. u won't get much lower with 30mm due to sports suspension already lowered 15mm, had tried 30mm before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Spikey, thanks for replying to my post.

Your car looks great! Do you have any photos of the car from completely side on so i can see the space in both arches?

Are the h&r springs better than eibach? how do they ride?

you have 8 x 18 wheels - i do as well, will they not scrub the arches?

Have you had any problems with the camber? i need to find out if i will need to fit adjustable camber arms to the car but everyone says fit the springs and see. did you dropping it 45mm? or was your camber ok?

Many thanks in advance for your help! no one seems to know the answer to these questions so i have turned to the professionals that have done it already!

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
46 Posts
Love the look of your car Spikey you obviously look after it.
The wheels are a great touch bet they cost a pretty penny though.
How do you find the black paint do you get fine scratches in it.
What polish do you use.
Top car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks all u guys comments :)
Ben, there's no problem with camber kit.
I heard some ppl said eibach spring is better than h&r, but I have no idea, coz never used.
The h&r spring rides ok with stock shocks, but a bit stiff. My suggestion is go for full suspension upgrade, not only springs!!!
I sold the wheels already due to need $$ to pay other stuff :crying:
and I have 18X8.5 with ET42 RS6 wheels atm, also no rubbing issue even with full loaded.
I will upload some side shots later :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for that help its much appreciated!

Do you by any change know the part number for the H&R springs you ordered so i can get the same ones?

Heres my car to show you what i mean which the space in the arches:

ok tried putting a photo in but cant work out how - there is too much space anyway

i look forward to your updated photos

thanks again

p.s. if you look in my garage you can see my car i think!

·
Registered
6 Posts
29260-1 is the part number
Here is side shots for you
P.S ur car looks nice, make sure post some pic when get the springs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all your help, i will let you know how i get on

Hector if you have any photos of your a3 or information on the springs that you have used that would be awesome

thanks
ben

·
Registered
19 Posts
theres pics in the gallery off mine,Eibach Pro Kit Springs Lowering Front 30 mm Rear 30,never rubbed,fairly solid,theres a wee jump on my road too,sometimes i take at speed and still she doesnt rub.i took my car to a fella near me and told him i want 18"rs6's and lowered 30 and picked the car up a day later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool,

Thanks for your help, i have seen your car in your garage but it looks too low to have just been with the pro kit - im wrong!

i have an a3 sport and therefore the pro kit would only lower it 15mm but it clearly makes a big difference.

How much space do you have in your arches? i mean what is the measurement between the top on the tyre and the wheel arch?

thanks for all your help i really appreciate it!

Ben

1 - 20 of 38 Posts