Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought an Audi A3 2003 2.0 FSI, its done 110k miles.
I've had it in the garage for a couple of minor things like fixing the bonnet catch, hiring it etc and went to pick it up yesterday. Upon driving it home i made a few stops. Each time after starting the car up it began to get harder for the engine to kick in, it took longer and wasn't sounding too good as if it was losing power. Whilst coming closer to my house, the electronics really started to play up, a lot of dashboard lights were flickering on and off (ABS, airbag, seatbelt etc), the windows wouldn't move and the radio wouldn't turn on. What really worried me though was the fact that what i presume to be the power steering cut out as i was going round a tight bend at a moderate speed, luckily managing to not crash. It was extremely difficult to steer and was pretty much ragging the wheel just to get round corners. I'm not sure if the power steering is somehow connected to the dodgy electrics with the dashboard lights. When i try to turn it on now it doesn't even turn over, just makes a strange sound i have not heard before. I'm not massively clued up with car mechanics, a couple of friends have mentioned the alternator and crank shaft. Any advice would be extremely helpful, just praying it isn't an expensive job and haven't wasted a couple of thousand on a dodgy car. Thanks a lot :smile2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts